Welcome....

Friend John's hang out joint...

LINK

Myspace
Friend John @ Tumblr

Monday, August 25, 2008

Friend John - Arctica or You Just Have to Exist


NOTE: This is kind of like a bonus to Version for Maddie, please listen to that album(its far superior)
"Arctica or You Just Have to be There" contains songs recorded before "Version for Maddie" from 2005 through 2008. Basically, I've made a lot of music, and sometimes like to place songs together into albums that flow. That is what VfM was, just a collection of songs with a similar idea. This collection focuses more on the darker and yet more beautiful side of the seasons change from summer/fall to winter. Most of the songs were written during colder times and have turned out to be more personal melodies reflecting how I felt better than the songs on VfM.

Special thanks to Scotio at Opinionhated and Senior Taxi at Fierce Noise Blast for exposure and the time they put into reviewing and adding more links to download. Thanks guys!

So enjoy and as usual, please leave a comment. It makes my day to see that someone cares about the work I do here. =)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y24YF4B1

3 comments:

Marilyn Roxie said...

Hey man, I'm listening to Arctica right now, it's real good so far! "Kincajou" is my favourite. ;) Thanks for linking my blog here also. I thought I'd give you a few tips in regards to utilizing Last.fm:
1) Now that you have a user account, you can claim your music; after logging in, from the home page scroll all the way down to where it says Upload Your Music- For Artists. You'll be able to enter Friend John into the box, claim it as yours, then begin uploading all your mp3s to Last.fm through the Music Manager, so that people can listen to your stuff from the site; you can label all the tracks, upload album art, artist pictures, etc. It will also come up randomly on Last.fm streaming radio if someone enters in a tag that you've given your tracks into the Last.fm scrobbling client.
2)As far the actual user page you created, as opposed to the Friend John artist page, you can use it to listen to music from your computer and also from the Last.fm radio client (if you downloaded it, which you should! it's phenomenal), which is handy for discovering new things, as well as for uploading your stuff, and communicating with other users, and will automatically generate top-artist and track charts based on what you listen to. I hope this makes sense! :P If you need any help with this process, let me know, because Last.fm has been infinitely useful in promoting my stuff. This is my user profile:
http://www.last.fm/user/MoogleFan

And the artist page:
http://www.last.fm/music/Marilyn+Roxie

~Marilyn

John said...

Wow thanks! That definitely helps a lot, just a thought, but would you be up for me remixing a song of yours? I'm thinking about doing a remix album of some local bands where I live and other artists online I know...

Marilyn Roxie said...

O really? Yeah, that would be hecka cool! I don't know what track you might have in mind, but the most remix-ready track is probably "Olive, the Lounge-Cat" off of my Bits album (first track on my MySpace Music page), and there was this other electronic track I was working on called "Fido" that I'll be uploading soonish. Thanks for asking, that's a cool idea! ^_^